We like our End of Year Lists! Did you see our MustHave7 for 2017?
Here are our staff’s picks for Best of 2016–and what they’re most looking forward to in 2017. We also got a bonus list from Liz at Rainshadow Running, just for fun!
Glenn’s 2016 Favorites:
- Merrell All-Out Peak – there was only one shoe for Glenn in 2016!
Glenn’s 2017 Wish List:
- Merrell Agility Peak Flex – Available: Now! The replacement to Glenn’s All Out Peak’s. Let’s hope they don’t mess them up! Early indication is that they’ll be a winner: Glenn’s gotten a couple runs in a pair already.
- New Balance Hierro 2 – Available: January. These Fresh Foam trail shoes have more cushion than previously–and a new Vibram Mega Grip outsole!!
- Hoka Speed Goat 2 – Available: July. The samples felt good and the upper looks to fit a bit wider with better materials than version 1.
Kay’s 2016 Favoirtes:
- Merrell All-Out Peak – Like Glenn, this was one of Kay’s favorites over the last two years.
- New Balance Vazee Summit – She ran those into the ground; good thing they’re only $100.
- New Balance Zante (road)
- Topo ST2 (road) – These worked well for shorter runs and speedwork.
Kay’s 2017 Wish List:
- Topo Terraventure – Available: Now! If Topo would send her a free pair, I’m sure they would have already made Kay’s Favorite list!
- Scott Kinabalu SuperTrac RC – Available: Any Day!
- Altra Superior 3.o – Available: This Week!
- Inov-8 RocLite 305 – Available: Now!
Adam’s 2016 Favorties:
- Brooks Mazama – Adam wore these at the Crystal Mt. Marathon and Deception Pass 50k, both with speedy results!
- Saucony Peregrine 6 – The grippiness and cushion of these have made them the most popular Saucony Trail Shoe ever!
- Merrell All-Out Peak – There seems to be a trend here…
- Scott Kinablau SuperTrac – Confusing here, the new Scott’s coming in soon are the SuperTrac RC. The “SuperTrac” is the heavier, more cushioned version.
Adam’s 2017 Wish List:
- Brooks Mazama 2 – Available: October. A better upper compared to version 1.
- Saucony Peregrine 7 – Available: Now!!. Same great stuff as v6.
- New Balance Hierro 2 – Available: January.
- Brooks Pure Grit 6– Available: June. These will feature Brooks’ new knit uppers of which several of their 2017 shoes will have.
Elisa’s 2016 Favorites:
- Pearl Izumi Trail N3 – RIPearlizumi!!
- Hoka Challenger 2
- Brooks Pure Grit 4
Elisa’s 2017 Wish List:
- Topo Terraventure – Available: Now. Already one of Phil’s faves!
- Altra Timp – Available: July. These are effectively the “Torin Trail”. More cushion than Lone Peak; less than Olympus. Perfect sweet spot.
- Altra Lone Peak 3.5 – Available: July. A wider-fitting upper as compared to the LP3–same great cushion.
- Brooks Pure Grit 6 – Available: June.
Phil’s 2016 Favorites:
- Altra Olympus 2.0 – This Vibram MegaGrip, Maximum cushion, wide-fitting beauty ate up most of my miles!
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 – These will likely be our #1 best-selling shoe of the year when our Year End Top7 lists come out.
- Topo Terraventure – Yes, even though this shoe just launched in November, it is too good to leave off of any Best of List!
- Hoka Clayton (road)
Phil’s 2017 Wish List:
- Altra Timp – Available: July.
- Altra Lone Peak 3.5 – Available: July.
- Altra King MT – Available: February. Vibram MegaGrip with cushion feeling similar to Lone Peak: Slam Dunk!!
- Hoka SpeedGoat 2 – Available: July.
Rainshadow Running’s 2016 Favorites, according to Liz:
- Pearl Izumi Trail N2 – on sale now for $75
- Inov-8 RocLite 305
- Salomon Sense Pro 2
Liz’s 2017 Wish List:
- Brooks Caldera – Available Now.
- Topo Terraventure – Available Now.
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0– Available Now.
- Merrell Agility Peak Flex – Available Now.
Check back soon for our: