In the spirit of the NFL Draft’s opening night, we venture to do our own #ShoeDraft for the best New Trail Running shoes for 2016. Since all of our monthly best-sellers list are Top7, we’ll draft 7 shoes into your shoe rotation:
- Team Max Cushion – Altra Olympus 2.0 – This shoe is more than just cushion; it’s space for your toes and awesome traction.
- Team Minimal Mayhem – New Balance Vazee Summit – Built from the road racing shoe platform of the long-popular 1400, you’ll feel fast and close to the ground with this pick.
- Team 7hills – Pearl Izumi Trail N3 – Pearl Izumi has been the brand that we’ve built the shop around; any new trail shoe from them will be top priority!!
- Team Western States – Altra Lone Peak 2.5 – Team #ws100 could have just as easily picked Olympus2 if it had still been on the board. #ZeroLimits
- Team Old School – La Sportiva Akasha – Some teams feel the need to pick only tried and true names. Akasha is the best of the best new shoe from the old school trail brands in 2016.
- Team Big Road Co – Saucony Peregrine 6 – Easily the best new trail shoe from the “Big Road” company running brands.
- Team Offense/Defense – Hoka Clayton – The Clayton will go both ways: road and trail; fast and slow; long and short–Better than any other shoe could claim. Just watch out for the mud.
Thanks for having fun with us!
Check back soon for April’s #Top7 Shoe lists and first ever #Pack7 list of the best hydration options!